January 1, 2011

Hello 2011

We ended 2010 exactly where we started it... On the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, overlooking downtown Brisbane and the river watching the fireworks!!


What a fantastic night! Before the fireworks display, we invited Howard and Marg over for dinner and drinks. I made a Cold Greek Pasta Salad and Grilled Salmon with a Mango Glaze that I found in an Aussie Holiday Cooking Magazine. WOW! it was not only easy, but also deelish! I think that Mango Glaze will be my new go-to recipe when cooking salmon.

After dinner, we walked along the River to the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. There, we found nice, grassy spot to sit and enjoy a glass of bubbly while the four of us watched the fireworks rain down over Southbank.


Before last night, if anyone had asked me to recall my best New Year's Eve, I probably would have said last year's New Year's Eve was my favorite. I had just moved to Oz a week before and was still glowing with the anticipation of what the next year was going to bring. But, I have to admit, I think last night topped it. We have had such a magical 2010, and 2011 is shaping up to be even better!