


This is what the past week has looked like for me. We just got Ryan's Wii back from his sister, Nicole. I've never played Wii before, and I never understood what the craze was about. In fact, I haven't really played any video games since playing Pac Man and Frogger on Atari in the early 80s. Does that age me? Anyways, I now know what the craze is about. I am addicted!!
I would like to say that we spent our first Christmas in Oz, which falls in the middle of summer here, at the beach or having some outdoor adventure in the rain forest. But, that is not the case. We have been having cyclonic storms and going on a road trip just wasn't an option. In fact, walking around town hasn't been an option either. Not unless we want to get stuck in a torrential downpour, which seems to happen every half hour. When there's no pressing reason to leave the apartment, why leave? So, we have been hunkered down enduring this wet season the best way possible...playing games.
I know it must be painful for Ryan to watch me play. I have no clue what I'm doing. Weapons? What weapons? I thought I was just supposed to go fast! But, I'm learning. We've only played a handful of the games the he owns, Mario Kart being my favorite. I have missed riding my dirt bike, and Mario Kart is like a virtual ride on different tracks. I love it!!
Last night, I was complaining about how tired I was of being stuck indoors and how I wanted this never-ending rain to cease so that we could go outside. Later, we watched the News, and we were reminded that town after town has recorded record breaking floods. Many people have lost everything, and the flood waters are still rising. And to think...I was complaining about being stuck indoors. I'm thankful that Ryan and I are safely outside the flood areas. If being safe means being stuck indoors playing Wii for another week I'll take it!