Ryan would tell you that I "dragged" him to the event. But, really, I think he secretly liked the idea of getting out of the apartment to stop by one of our favorite breweries for a cold beer before going to the lighting of the tree.
I should have known that they would drag (understatement) the event out. That there would be choirs singing and dancers dancing... but, I didn't. I, honestly, thought that we'd get there, they'd light the tree, we'd get a few good pictures and then we'd head home for dinner.
(Here is the tree before they lit it and also a picture of the City Hall Clock Tower)



Cut to almost an hour later...we decided to leave even though the tree was still unlit. We had no way of knowing how much longer until they lit it, and the idea of waiting another hour just wasn't an option.
Wouldn't you know... As soon as we crossed the street to leave, the tree lit up! Isn't that how it always works? The lesson is to either be patient and wait OR next year, go 45 minutes after the event starts.
Ryan promised that sometime before Christmas we'll go back to the Square and see the tree lit up. Until then, we'll be happy with the lights and decorations that we've put up in our apartment.






It may not be a white Christmas, but it's Christmas none the less!