I had a fun time exploring these hidden Laneways, and discovering the true heart of the city. I started the day on Degraves Street, which is crowded with alfresco dining and espresso shops. I, of course, stopped for my daily cappuccino.

Connected to Degraves Street is Centre Place, which is a narrow alley crowded with people, food and flair. No where on Earth have I witnessed such crowds of people happily eating their meals while surrounded by graffiti and rubbish. If there was a seat available, I think I would have gladly joined them, because the food looked and smelled absolutely delicious.

I meandered through a portion of the maze of Laneways finding hidden jewels around every corner.



In many of the laneways, are commissioned street art, AKA graffiti. But, unlike back home, this graffiti isn't defaced and makes the area look colorful and artistic.



If it weren't for the sudden onset of horrible hay fever symptoms, I would have continued exploring this part of the city. Damn Spring allergies!! It was a short orientation into the famous Laneways of Melbourne. However, now that I know they are there, you won't be able to keep me away.