October 30, 2010

Highlights from Cali

I had lived in Oz for 10 months before we traveled to California for a 3 1/2 week holiday. I had grand plans of blogging about all of our adventures while in the States. But, once there, I barely found the time to check my email, let alone write blog entries about all the fun things we were doing. I have decided to compile the highlights of our trip into one, easy to read, bulleted list. Below are the things that made me smile during our trip home!


  • Hanging out with mine and Ryan's families live - Skype is great, but live is even better.
  • Target, Taco Bell and Tri-tip all in one day... I had the trifecta, and it felt like Christmas!

  • Buying two books for $10 less than the cost of one book in Oz

  • Going to the Frank Raines Dirt Bike Race and having my friends meet Ryan






  • Seeing my nephews, JJ and Mark, REALLY take a liking to Ryan. JJ wanted to hold both of our hands and my heart melted.


  • Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping since things are so much cheaper in the U.S.! Jeans for $30 never felt so good :)

  • DSW = Shoe Heaven!!

  • Spending quality time with Ryan's dad, who I've adored since I was 5
  • Watching the SF Giants win the World Series
  • Celebrating Halloween with my sister, Jamie, and her family ~ 6 adults and 3 kids, and we were ALL dressed up!!

  • Spending a few days alone with Ryan in our Nevada City cabin in the woods
  • Going hiking in Bridgeport with Ryan, my niece, Casey, and nephew Ty and their dog Jasmine.

  • Eating dinner at Friar Tuck's with my Dad and my sister, Dayna, and then the next night having an even larger family dinner at Dayna's house


  • Staying the night with Herschel, my friend and former colleague, and his wife, Teresa (also my friend) Thanks again you two. It was so much fun!
  • Spending a day driving along Hwy 1 From Half Moon Bay to Monterrey with two of Ryan's friends from Oregon. Fun day!



  • Dirt Bike Camping at Franks with my sister, Jamie, and her family. I sure have missed riding.

  • Playing cards with my Parents and Grandparents. I can't believe I finally won a game.
  • The combined Family dinner at Alberto's Cantina, where we had a table for 12. And we wondered why they put us in the back room : )
  • Being able to laugh and hug and talk to our families in person
It was a GREAT trip home, and although we were sad to leave we were also happy to return to Oz and continue our adventure. Until next time....