August 5, 2010

Angel Baby

I write this post with a heavy heart. Ryan and I found out a few days ago that our little peanut, that we wanted so badly, decided to be an Angel Baby. I miscarried at 7 weeks. I know they say everything happens for a reason, that most miscarriages are because of a chromosomal abnormality and that it's better that it happened early... but, honestly, it really doesn't make it any easier. I think it's hard for anyone who hasn't gone through it to understand that I really don't care that it happened early or that "everything happens for a reason". It doesn't make it any easier since we aren't privy to what that reason is. All I know is that Ryan and I were truly excited that I was pregnant and were glowing in anticipation of becoming parents.

On a more positive note, this has not deterred us from trying again. In fact, our Doctor says we can start trying again within the month. It's understandable that anyone who has gone through this would be concerned that it might happen again. I am trying to avoid feeling anxious about a possible recurrence and think positively. However, Ryan is doing a much better job at that than me.

We are thankful for our families and friends right now. They have been both supportive and loving. They, like us, were very excited about me being pregnant, and we know that they are saddened by this news. Thanks for thinking positive thoughts for Ryan and me as we move forward and try again : )