
Some of you knew that we had been trying. And even though we were trying, NOTHING could have prepared me for those two pink lines. Trying not to be too graphic...but, when you're trying to get pregnant, both you and your partner get extremely familiar with your cycle. We knew that I was late, but had said we weren't going to test until I was late by five days. On day number three, after waking up from two extremely bizarre dreams, I just knew. I decided to test while Ryan was still sleeping. And like I mentioned before, nothing could have prepared me for the results. I wanted so badly to wake Ryan up, but I let him sleep.
Once he was awake, I told him and, with a grin, his response was, “Well, it's about time!”. You know, six months isn't considered a long time to be trying. But, when you don't know that it's ONLY going to take six months, it feels like forever!
The past few days have been quite a whirlwind. Ryan has been calm and relaxed. I, on the other hand, have experienced every emotion on the emotion continuum. I go from being happy and excited, to disbelief, to anxious, to worried, to tears before going back to happy and excited... etc.. etc.. I'm a lot more calm now that it's been a few days and the reality of it is setting in.
We went to the doctor's the day after I took the tests (yes, TESTS/ plural ~ I took another test 5 hours after the first one because I thought maybe the positive result was wrong). The doctor explained some of our options as far as care goes and ordered all my blood work done. I think that was my most anxious day. I couldn't stop sweating. I was beyond nervous. Anyways, we love our doctor and look forward to having him guide us through this process. Sometime in March, we will be delivering our baby in Australia. Cheers to having a baby with dual citizenship!!

Yesterday, we called our parents and siblings and let them know the happy news. Every one is thrilled for us. We knew they would be. Like us, I think they might be a little bummed because we are so far away and they can only share the experience through Skype. But, they are excited nonetheless.
So, here we go! We are about to embark on the most difficult, yet most joyous adventure of our life. Of course, I will continue to write about our adventures in Oz. However, my focus will undoubtedly shift to this little darling growing inside of me. Bon Voyage!