Marg was going to photograph the Kelpie Dog Show and had asked if I wanted to go with her. I was reluctant to go since it was soon after we had lost the baby, but I'm glad that I went. It was good to get out of the house and have a fun day. In fact, later that night, Ryan and I returned to watch the Freestyle MotoX, Monster Truck and Toyota V6 Trucks and stayed until the closing fireworks show.
Cow Butts

Aussie Cowboys with their Cows

My favorite Picture of the day... Aussie Cowboy showing his calf with the Aussie flag flying on the historic grandstand in the background

The spirit of The Ekka... Showing Cows, Historic Grandstands and Ferris Wheels

The Kelpie Dog Show.
Behind the scenes... getting a bath before work
An Escape Artist in the noisy Hall of Birds
Got Eggs??
Classic Trucks from the Coloundra Museum

Can't have a Fair without a Ferris Wheel

Mcintosh was happy to have his picture taken

The Ekka's famous Dagwood Dog.... better known to us Americans as a Corn Dog. And boy was it good!!

Armed Forces at the Opening Ceremonies
The Blessing of the Plow
Opening night of the Monster Truck Show!!
All in all, it was a great day at The Ekka.