October 12, 2010

Rainy with a Chance of Rain




Ya, Ya I know. Stop complaining right? I live in Paradise, and yet I still find something to complain about. Let me explain...

Seasonal Affective Disorder, also known as winter depression or winter blues, is making itself known to me. Is that even possible when it's Spring in Australia? I'm not sure. But, I do know that I was feeling a bit depressed last night, and I am ready for some sunshine.

It was the wettest September in a decade, The damn closest to us, The Wivenhoe Damn, opened it's spillway two nights ago for the first time in over a decade, Southeast Queensland is flooded, and only a few more centimeters to go and it'll be the wettest October in recorded history. And it's only October 12th.

When it rains in the tropics, it's not necessarily cold. Its just wet! Very, very wet. It's difficult to get motivated to go out in this weather. Therefore, we have been hunkered down for two weeks and are starting to get cabin fever. To make matters worse... the weather forecast for the rest of the week is rainy with a chance of rain!!