Ugh! Let me start by saying that! I've officially started looking for work, and it's not a fun process. Like in The States, in order to legally work with kids, people need to have certain credentials and background checks. However, getting my US Teaching Credential recognized here has been a complete hassle, not to mention expensive. I've already spent $750 in fees, which, with any luck, will be returned to me at Tax Time if/when I FINALLY get a job.
In March, I was attached to Ryan's work Visa, and the tedious process of getting my Teaching Credential recognized began. In addition to filling out a LONG application for Teacher Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers, I needed to get a Queensland Driver's Licence, Go the the Police Station to get finger printed, send the fingerprints to the FBI in Virginia, wait 3 months for the FBI background check to be returned to me, send off for my Official Transcripts from CSU Chico, wait for the transcripts to be returned, Take 12 tests online for a CPR/First Aid card, Then go to an 8 hour CPR/First Aid Class to get the card and finally fill out another application and pay another fee for a Blue Card, which is essential in order to legally work with kids. After completing all of the above, I had to have every document notarized before I sent it off with the Queensland College of Teachers' application. And ALL of these requirements had fees attached to them. Hence, the $750 I've spent preparing to look for a job.
It's no wonder I am quite happy to be a stay at home "wife". When not consumed with all of the aforementioned craziness, I have been enjoying my time learning about photography, editing and organizing photos, blogging, gardening, cooking, cleaning, reading and spending time with Ryan. However, my bank account is dwindling and I know that the only way to replenish it is to secure an income. So, I am off to check the mailbox.... maybe today will be the day that my Australian Teaching Credential arrives.