As we walked through the house, Mike informed me that all of the things I was planning on taking wouldn't fit into the crate that the moving company had sent. I was confused. Didn't the company send someone just a few days ago to inventory my things so that they would send the right size crate on moving day? Mike had me follow him outside where he opened the back end of their semi-truck. It was then that I saw the crate my things would be packed in. It was a wooden box that was perfectly sized to fit two mattresses side by side. To call it "tiny" would be an overstatement. As I was looking at this box that was supposed to take "my life" to Australia, I instantly starting thinking of all the things that wouldn't be making the journey, as well as, how much it was costing to send what would fit in that "tiny" wooden crate. Would it be worth it to pay for another box and take the rest? My moving crew, Mike and Dan, were equally confused. They were told I was only taking a bed and a patio table. I don't think they were prepared for how much packing they'd be doing on a Saturday morning. Not wasting anytime, Mike called their head boss and informed him of the situation. Mike also told the boss man that when I saw the crate size, I started crying and called "my husband" in Australia ~ a small white lie. Fortunately for me, the boss man has a heart. He told Mike and Dave to pack everything. What didn't fit in the crate would be packed into a second crate at the wherehouse FREE OF CHARGE! That was the BEST news I had heard all morning.
Now, after 5 hours of boxing, crating, organizing and reorganizing my things are in a semi-truck heading down Hwy. 5 toward the Port of Oakland where a ship is waiting to set sail for Australia.