October 16, 2009

70 Days and Counting...

After a fantastic summer of living in Australia, I decided two weeks ago to move to the Land Down Under. Ryan and I have decided that it's the best move for us. We want to be together and the Pacific Ocean is in our way. So, even though I am scared to death of flying, I am putting my belongings on a ship and flying across the International Time Zone to be with my guy in the land of kangaroos and koalas. What a fantastic adventure!

However, the adventure has not started quite yet. Instead, I am still in Yuba City taking all the necessary steps to get myself moved. In addition to the normal hassles of moving, such as turning off PG & E, water, garbage etc... Now, there is the added hassle of sorting through my belongings to figure out which things I want to take. I am not taking everything for a few reasons. First and foremost, it is expensive. Secondly, Ryan already has a nicely furnished apartment and we won't need all of my things. Finally, electronics from here won't work there. So, I am left with the task of figuring out my non-negotiobles. And my non-negotioables need to fit into a particular sized crate or else the cost increases. The movers came the other day to inventory my things, and it looks like I am in luck. Everything I decided that I can't live without will fit into the crate. So, in a few days my things will be on a ship, and I will continue to count down until Christmas Day when I will board the plane that will take me to Ryan.