#1 - The Story Bridge Adventure Climb


Ryan and I live two blocks from where the climb begins. In fact, you can see our apartment in the first picture. When I first got here, Ryan asked me if I wanted to do the climb. I am deathly afraid of heights, but still said that I would be interested. It's fairly expensive at $200 a person. However, we thought the adventure would be worth the cost. A few days later, we walked across the bridge to return some movies. As I walked across the bridge, I looked up to the upper part of the bridge where we'd be climbing and instantly started to panic and thought there is no way I could climb up that high. Every night, there is a sunset climb, and we watch as the climbers slowly ascend to the top of the bridge to take in the views. I can only imagine what great views they have of the Brisbane CBD and the river. Now that I'm pregnant, for safety reasons I'm not allowed to climb the bridge. It is something that I'd like to do before we move back to The States. Like the old saying goes, "you'll regret the things you didn't do, NOT the things you did do". I refuse to move home knowing that I was just too chicken sh** to do it.
#2 - Meet up with the Brisbane Photography Group
I joined the group about 6+ months ago. However, I've never made it to one of the meet-ups. I'm not quite sure why. I think it's partly because of fear again. I sound like such a wimp. But, I'm in a foreign country and don't know many people. The thought of driving a half hour to somewhere I've never been to meet up with strangers is a little disconcerting. Once, there was a meet-up two blocks from our apartment, and it was a night shoot to photograph the bridge and downtown Brisbane across the river. It was PERFECT! I was finally going to go to my first meet-up. I knew that once I went to my first one, I would meet people and that fear of the unknown would disappear. Turns out Ryan and I were in the States at the time of that meet up. So, I missed it. I just got an email about another upcoming meet up. Maybe I should get off my a** and just do it already.
#3 - Absailing at the Kangaroo Point Cliffs

Absailing or Repelling is a common past time at the Kangaroo Point cliffs, a few blocks from our apartment. Last year when my sister was visiting, we went rock climbing at these cliffs. I only got about 15 feet up before my arms were jello. I think absailing would be fun. However, my extreme fear of heights is keeping me from trying it. Our friend, Patty, works at the Adventure Centre that organizes the adventure. So, I know we could do it for cheap, if not for free. Again, since I'm pregnant now it's another adventure that will have to wait.
#4 Learn to Surf

I've always said that I'm not a confidant ocean swimmer. I really don't enjoy swimming out past the waves. For this reason, plus because of all the deadly things in the oceans around Australia (sharks, blue ringed octopus, bluebottle jellyfish etc..) I haven't really given it a go. Ryan used to surf in San Diego and talks about how much fun it is. It does look fun. And if I can just manage to stay on the board and not fall off, I think I might like it!
#5 Go Camping
This is a typical Aussie campground. Last year, we were thinking about buying this same vehicle. It's called a Defender. You need to have some sort of lifted place to sleep while camping or else one of many deadly snakes or spiders might make their way into your tent. Ryan and I grew up camping together. That's what our families did for holidays. Since we haven't camped in over a year or two, we both really miss it. But, we have limited camping supplies here. In fact, our supplies are limited to two sleeping bags and three headlamps. Not enough to make a weekend of it. In order to go camping we would need to buy a lot of camping gear and we just might not be that motivated. We miss camping and we talk about going all the time. But, I think this is one adventure that will have to wait until we're back in the States.