On Easter Day, we met the four of them for lunch two hours north of Brisbane at a Thai restaurant in the rainforest called The Spirit House Restaurant. Ryan and I got there early, so we wandered around the property. The restaurant is situated on about 2-3 acres of lush tropical rainforest where water monitors are plentiful. After roaming the property and taking pictures, we sat down to one of the best meals I've eaten in Australia. I can't begin to list the food we ate. For one reason, we didn't order it. Instead, we told the waitress how many starters and how many mains we wanted and she surprised us with a variety of delicious dishes. It was incredible. Expensive, but incredible!! Well worth another visit when my sister visits in August.
A Hidden Statue
Rainforest path leading to the Spirit House
Ryan standing next to some mammoth bamboo
Looking across the pond to the restaurant
Tropical Flower
Lily pad flower on the pond
Marg and Howard
A lunchtime visitor
One of our delicious mains
Enjoying Easter
After lunch Ryan and I drove to Noosa National Park and went hiking. We hiked the Coastal Track last July, and I was looking forward to returning. We checked out the map of the hiking tracks and decided to walk a 4KM inland path called Tangleweed Track that meets up with the Coastal Track. It was a perfect day for a hike!!
Tanglewoods
Tanglewood Track
More Tangledwoods
Lush Tropics
"Blackboy" ~ Grows 1 inch every 100 years
Meeting up with the Coastal Track at Alexandria Bay
Walking along the Coastal Track
Ryan and I sat here for a long time last July ~ It's where I decided to return to Oz in December
After seeing hundreds of Koalas in captivity, this was our first in the wild!!