Now, I am in the Bay Area getting ready for Christmas and splitting my time between my parents' house in Pleasanton and my sister's house in Livermore. My active nephews are keeping me busy and helping the time pass quickly. In addition to spending time with my family, I've had a long to-do list this week. I won't bore anyone with the details of my list, but I will say that the list has dominated my days and kept me from seeing some friends for the last time. I'm sure they understand that moving Internationally is not a simple process ~ especially when it's on Christmas Day.
All of this will be worth it tomorrow when I board that plane. I am NOT a good flyer. I'm what they call a "white knuckle flyer". However, I've flown twice since returning from my summer trip to Australia and both of those flights were uneventful. They were also both short hops down to San Diego, nothing like the 16 hour journey I am about to take off on. But, I keep reminding myself that after the stressful, uncomfortable flight I will be starting a new life with Ryan in Australia and that excites me and makes it all worth it!
Spending time with Mark and JJ